Fetching random cat pictures using openAPI

Used API

  • https://gql.thatcopy.pw/
  • REST API for retrieving .jpg cat images. 

Programming language and skills used

  • Python
  • Multiprocessing - concurrent.futures

Code 

We will use the url which will send us randomly chosen cat pictures. As retrieving images is a IO bound task, I'm going to use multiprocessing (you can use multi-threading because this is not a CPU bound task). 
Steps to take 
  1. Retrieve json using the API 
  2. Json will be in a byte format, so we will decode it and load it to json object
  3. From the json object, extract the image source uri. 
  4. Open a new file (I'll name the file randomly) and write the image to the file. 

I'll initiate download_img function with multiprocessing. 

This is the complete source code 

Now I've downloaded 10 images (as I queried 10 times) on my cat_pictures folder!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is API